Version effective as of January 16, 2022
Altamira Medica AG is part of the Altamira Therapeutics Group, which includes Altamira Therapeutics Ltd. (based in Hamilton, Bermuda), Auris Medical AG (Basel, Switzerland), Altamira Medica AG (Zug, Switzerland), Zilentin AG (Zug, Switzerland), Otolanum AG (Zug, Switzerland), Auris Medical Ltd. (Dublin, Ireland), Auris Medical Pty Ltd. (Victoria, Australia) and Altamira Therapeutics Inc. (Dover, Delaware, USA).
This Privacy Notice explains how we, Altamira Medica AG (hereinafter “Altamira Medica”, “we” or “us”), collect personal data and how we process that personal data.
This Privacy Notice applies only to this website and not to any other third party websites that you may access through this website.
This Privacy Notice is based on Swiss data protection law and as the EU General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”) may be also relevant, it is also in line with the GDPR.
This Privacy Notice is not necessarily a comprehensive description of our data processing. It is possible that other data protection provisions apply to certain circumstances. The term “personal data” in this Privacy Notice means any information that identifies an individual or could reasonably be used to identify an individual (e.g., name, address, email address, telephone number).
Controller Contact Details
As described in this Privacy Notice, Altamira Medica is the data controller, the “Controller” of the data processing, unless we have informed you otherwise in specific cases. If you have any data protection-related questions or wish to exercise your data protection rights, please contact us by e-mail at email@example.com or at the address below:
Altamira Medica AG
c/o Otolanum AG
In case your personal data is covered by the GDPR, the EU representative of Altamira Medica AG is Auris Medical Ltd., The Black Church, St. Mary’s Place, Dublin D07 P4AX, Ireland.
Collection of Personal Data and Purposes of Processing
We primarily process personal data that we obtain from our customers, business partners and other individuals in the context of our business relationships with them or that we collect from users when operating our website.
Most of the personal data we process though our website is provided to us directly by you. Some places on the website (e.g. webshop, customer account, newsletter subscription, contacting us through our email address) require personal data if you wish to use them. Through these places on our website, we may collect your data, including but not limited to the following: name, address, email address, phone number, financial data related to payments for the purchase of our products, information relating to product orders. Any personal data you provide to us through our website will be used in accordance with this Privacy Notice.
Categories of personal data we collect in connection with your use of our website may also include IP address, MAC address of your device, device information and settings, cookies, date and time of your visit, location data.
We may process the personal data collected for various purposes such as:
- to complete transactions (collected data may include: name, contact information, customer account information, order history, financial information such as credit card information; legal basis for processing: fulfill contractual obligations);
- website analytics and tracking (collected data may include: information about your visit to this website, the pages you visit, the website you come from, the searches you perform; legal basis for processing: our legitimate interest or user consent); for more information on this, please see the Cookies and Other Web Trackers section of this Privacy Notice;
- to respond to your requests or inquiries (collected data may include: name, email address, address, job title, other information you may provide to us; legal basis for processing: our legitimate interest to respond to your requests or to comply with our legal obligations);
- to track and monitor adverse events and other activities related to pharmacovigilance (collected data may include: name, contact information, profession of the reporting person, health and medical history of the person experiencing an adverse event if relevant; legal basis for processing: to comply with our pharmacovigilance obligations);
- to respond to product complaints (collected data may include: name, contact information, profession of the reporting person, health and medical history of the person affected by the product complaint if relevant; legal basis for processing: to comply with our respective legal obligations);
- to respond to medical inquiries (collected data may include: name, contact information, profession of the inquiring person; legal basis for processing: our legitimate interest to follow-up on inquiries or consent);
- to send you electronic communications, such as newsletter (collected data may include: name, email address; legal basis for processing: consent);
- to personalize your user experience (collected data may include: contact information, user preferences, languages, demographic data, cookies; legal basis for processing: our legitimate business interests or consent);
- to ensure our IT operations and run our website (collected data may include: data connected to the use of our website, such as IP Address, MAC address, location data, device information and settings, data and time of visit and similar information, cookies; legal basis for processing: our legitimate business interests to run, maintain, and secure our operations and website).
If you have given us your consent to process your personal data for certain purposes (e.g. to open a customer account, to receive our newsletter), you can revoke your consent at any time.
Cookies and Other Web Trackers
We use “cookies” and similar techniques on our website, which allow for an identification of your browser or device. A cookie is a small text file that is sent to your device and automatically saved by the web browser on your computer or mobile device, when you visit a website. Cookies are used to, among other things, make the website usable, improve functionality, performance and user experience. Certain cookies are sent to you from us, others from third parties.
- to assist you in navigation;
- to enable the use of special functions;
- to analyze user behaviour in order to optimize our website;
- to increase the attractiveness as well as the user comfort of our website;
- advertisement and marketing.
Below please see the list of cookies and other tracking technologies used on our website.
Strictly Necessary Cookies: These cookies are necessary for the website to function. You may set your browser in a way that it blocks the strictly necessary cookies, but blocking these will prevent the website from working.
Functional Cookies: These cookies enable the website to provide enhanced functionality and personalization. Such cookies may be set by us or by third party service providers whose services are available through our website. In case you reject these cookies, some or all of these services may not function properly.
Performance Cookies: These cookies help us monitor how our website is being used and allow us to gather data on which pages of the website are visited most often. These cookies do not collect identifiable information on visitors, which means all the data collected is anonymous and only used to improve the performance and functionality of the website.
Targeting Cookies: These cookies may be set through our website by our advertising partners and are designed to gather information from the visitors to display advertisements to them based on relevant topics that interest them.
For more information about cookies, including how to manage, refuse and delete them, please visit www.allaboutcookies.org.
Google Analytics: We may also use Google Analytics or similar services on our website. These are services provided by third parties (e. g. in case of Google Analytics, Google LLC, located in the United States, www.google.com) and which allow us to measure and evaluate the use of our website. For this purpose, permanent cookies are used, which are set by the service provider. Such cookies collect information about the number of visitors to the website, the pages visited and the time spent on the website. This information is aggregated and not personally identifiable.
Our website contains links to third-party websites (e.g. Facebook, YouTube, Instagram). If you click on the link, you will be forwarded to the corresponding website. Information collected by such third parties, including location and contact information, is subject to the privacy notices of those third parties. This Privacy Notice does not apply to third-party websites that can be accessed through our website.
Data Sharing and International Data Transfers
In the context of our business activities and in line with the purposes of the data processing described in this Privacy Notice, we may share your personal data with our affiliates and with third parties. The list of our affiliates can be found at the beginning of this Privacy Notice. Third parties may include the following categories: our service providers (e.g. IT providers such as Microsoft and Google, both located in the USA, our payment provider, PayPal, located in the USA), professional advisors, contractors, other business partners of the Altamira Therapeutics Group and local and foreign authorities.
The above recipients may be located in Switzerland, in other countries in Europe, in the USA and in any country worldwide.
If we transfer data to a country without adequate level of data protection, we ensure appropriate safeguards for the transfer, e. g. by way of using appropriate contracts (in particular on the basis of the standard contractual clauses of the European Commission).
We process and store your personal data as long as it is necessary for the performance of our contractual obligations, compliance with our legal obligations or other processing purposes.
The retention period of your personal data will differ depending on the purpose for which we have collected and are processing your data.
As soon as your personal data are no longer required for the specified purposes, they will be deleted.
Personal data related to pharmacovigilance (reports about adverse events) are kept for minimum of 10 years after the withdrawal of the product in the last country where the product was marketed.
Personal data retained as part of a medical information inquiry are kept for minimum of 10 and maximum of 15 years after receipt.
Data related to product complaints are kept for a minimum of 15 years.
Your Data Protection Rights
In accordance with and as far as provided by the applicable law, you have the following data protection rights: right to access; right to rectification; right to erasure; right to restriction of processing; right to object to our data processing and right to data portability. Please note that these rights are not absolute and we reserve the right to enforce the restrictions imposed by law.
Should you wish to exercise your above rights, please contact us at the email address or postal address indicated in the section “Controller Contact Details”. Please note that we may request a copy of your identity card and, if necessary, further information to prove your identity.
You also have the right to enforce your rights in court or to lodge a complaint with the competent data protection authority. The competent data protection authority of Switzerland is the Federal Data Protection and Information Commissioner (www.edoeb.admin.ch).
We take appropriate technical and organizational security measures to protect your personal data from unauthorized access and misuse. These measures include, among other things, implementation of internal policies, employee trainings, use of appropriate IT and network security solutions, access controls and restrictions.
Changes to this Privacy Notice
We may update this Privacy Notice at any time. The current version published on this website shall apply.